GEORGE A. HENRY, attorney, Louisville, was born in Madison County, Ohio, August 21, 1853. His father, Rolla B. Henry, was born in Clark County, Ohio, emigrated to Clay County in September, 1862, and now resides in Harter Township. George A. spent his boyhood days on the farm. At the age of eighteen, he entered the Butler University (then the North-Western Christian University) of Indianapolis, where he received an education. In 1874, he began the study of law, and was admitted to the bar in Grant County, Ind., in the fall of 1876, and practiced in Marion, Ind., until the fall of 1878, when he located in Louisville, this county, and the following spring formed a partnership with F. G. Cockrell, which was dissolved in 1880. He then practiced alone until the spring of 1883, when he formed a copartnership with Judge Hoff, of Flora, Ill. Mr. Henry bought the Louisville Ledger in January, 1881, and still owns and edits this spicy little sheet. In 1880, he was appointed Public Administrator, by Gov. Cullom, for Clay County. He was married in May, 1880, to Lillian Whedon, a daughter of C. N. Whedon, of St. Louis. They have one child - Frank. Mr. Henry is a Royal Arch Mason.
Transcribed by Laurel White from 1884 History of Wayne and Clay Counties, Illinois, Part IV, page 151-152.