Frank Levitt, member of the firm of Levitt & Easley, was born
January 6, 1878, about three miles east of Sailor Springs at Old Gatewood
(Bucktown), in Pixley township. He was reared on a farm and after he married
he continued farming in the same community in which he was reared until he
came with his family to Clay City in September, 1924.
A year or so before moving to Clay City he entered into the flour and feed business, as a side line, at Sailor Springs. Desiring to enter the business more extensively he moved his business to Clay City and retired from the farm. Soon after moving here he erected a store room and warehouse on West First street, near the Banker House, better known to some as the Brock House, facing the railroad, where he has conducted the flour, feed and coal business ever since. Last October he accepted the partnership of Glenn R. Easley in the coal business.
Mr. Levitt is for the things that go to help make Clay City a better town and is a member of the Boosters Club.
Extracted 12 Jun 2017 by Norma Hass from 1930 Pictures and Biographical Sketches of the Business Men of Clay City, Illinois.